Saturday, May 30, 2009

I'm leaving on a jet plane...

Don't know when I'll be back again...

Well, that's not exactly true. If all goes according to plan, I'll be back on July 9th. In the meantime, I will be interning in Iganga, Uganda, along with my fearless companion Chelsea.

I'm not sure how often I'll actually be able to update this blog, since we don't know yet how easy it will be to access the internet or how fast the connection will be. 

Currently it's a little more than 12 hours before our first flight takes off, from Detroit to NYC. Then, from there we're off to Amsterdam... and then to Entebbe! Fortunately none of our layovers are too long. 

Uganda is seven hours ahead of Michigan, and we'll be very nearly on the equator. This time of year, temperatures during the day range from 65-80 F. It doesn't get much cooler at night. Hopefully the heat doesn't bother me too much. I chopped off most of my hair yesterday- it's up to my chin now!- so that should help.

Any comments or emails are always appreciated!!! I will miss you all a lot and would love to hear from you. Updates about the Red Wings are super duper appreciated. :-) 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lauren,
    I miss you already. Please be safe and I hope you're having fun! +7 hours? Hm that means it's almost 9pm there. I bet you're really tired! I hope you haven't been eaten alive yet, we worked hard for that bug spray! Tell Chelsea I said hi and I hope she doesn't get malaria either. Love you both, again be safe!

    <3

    ReplyDelete